The Woodlands Hotel & Pine Lodges is set in three acres of woodlands in Meathop, a country hamlet about two miles from Grange-over-Sands, The Lake District, Cumbria. The property consists of a small country house hotel with a bar and restaurant on the ground floor, six bedrooms on the first floor, and nine self-catering pine lodges which are situated in the grounds. The hotel was built in the 1920's and whilst we aim to meet the needs of all our guests, there are some period features which might make access difficult for people with limited mobility.
- The Woodlands Hotel & Pine Lodges are located at the end of a country lane.
- Our location is peaceful and remote and not ideally suited to those travelling without a car.
- The nearest shops are approximately 2 miles away.
- The nearest bus stop and railway station are in Grange-over-Sands which is 2 miles away.
- There are several local taxi companies; we can supply telephone numbers for you.
- Brochures and menus can be provided in large print if required.
- We regret we do not have facilities to prepare documents in Braille.
- This website provides pictures of our accommodation and further information about our services.
- We can be contacted by telephone or email. Please see the Contact Details section of this page.
Arrival and Car Parking Facilities
- Please advise us of your anticipated arrival time so that we can be sure we are here to welcome you.
- To ensure your accommodation is ready, we ask that guests do not normally arrive before 3pm.
- Earlier arrival may be possible by arrangement.
- On arrival, we ask all guests to call at the hotel's Reception area.
- Parking is available on a level gravelled area outside the hotel main entrance.
- Each pine lodge has an individual parking bay adjacent to the unit.
- We can offer assistance with luggage when required.
Main Entrance and Reception Area
- There are two steps of 9 inches up to the front door.
- The front door is normally open but, if not, please ring the doorbell on your arrival.
Public Areas – Hall, Stairs, Landing, Corridors
- There is a corridor from the entrance porch leading to the reception area. This corridor is 1m wide and carpeted.
- The covering on the stairs and upstairs landing is short-pile fitted carpet.
- There are 11 stairs leading to a small landing followed by a further 5 stairs to the upper landing and first floor bedrooms (4 en-suite doubles and 1 en-suite twin room).
Public Areas — Bar, Restaurant and Lounge
- The bar and restaurant facilities are on the ground floor just beyond the reception area. Both are carpeted.
- They are accessed via our reception hall.
- The entry is level and the door width is 80 cm.
- The conservatory dining area is accessible from outside via French style patio doors which open to a width of 1.5 m.
Bedrooms and Sleeping Areas
- All hotel bedrooms are on the first floor and are carpeted throughout.
- There are en-suite facilities in all rooms consisting of a bath and shower,WC and wash basin.
- Tea and coffee making facilities and bottled water are provided.
- We also provide a hair dryer, torch, sewing materials, a selection of books and magazines and a basic first-aid kit.
- Our beds are normally made with duvets. All pillows are synthetic.
- We are happy to provide sheets and blankets if preferred. Please specify before your arrival if required.
- There is a wardrobe, chest of drawers, dressing table, luggage rack and television in each room.
- Our bedrooms are generally not large enough to accommodate additional seating.
- The pine lodges are set on raised bases with a front or side balcony which is accessible via 3 or 4 steps of standard size.
- The living room of each pine lodge has access to the balcony via either sliding or French-style patio doors.
- All units have one double bedroom and one twin bedroom, sufficient for four people.
- There is a living area, a kitchen, a bathroom with bath, separate power shower and (in most cases) a sauna.
- Woodlands Hotel & Pine Lodges seeks to offer couples and families a great venue for a relaxing Lake District holiday.
- We aim to provide a quality service which is both friendly and good value.
- We are totally non-smoking in public areas.
- Mobile phone reception can be a little erratic.
- A selection of local information is available in our entrance hall displays.
- There is a folder in each guest bedroom which gives tourist information about the surrounding area.
- Further information about Woodlands Hotel routines and emergencies is displayed in each bedroom.
We welcome your feedback to help us continually improve. If you have any comments please contact us as follows:
- Address: Woodlands Hotel & Pine Lodges, Meathop, Grange-over-Sands, Cumbria LA11 6RB
- Telephone: 015395 34128
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.whpl.co.uk
Further development and improvement of all aspects of the facilities is planned for the future.